Already in 1871 Figee, the oldest part of the company, delivered its first steam driven crane.
Kenz, established in 1960, expanded its product portfolio with the increase in offshore drilling and production activities in the North Sea, towards offshore hoisting and lifting equipment and delivered its first offshore crane in 1981.
- 1836 Figee was founded in Haarlem, the Netherlands
- 1871 Figee delivered its first steam driven crane
- 1882 Delivery of the first grab crane by Figee
- 1960 Kraantechniek was founded in Assendelft, the Netherlands
- 1961 Figee delivers first electrical driven harbor crane
- 1977 Kraantechniek merged with Kramer & Zwart to become
- 1981 Kenz delivered its first boom hoist offshore crane
- 1985 Figee delivers first floating harbor crane
- 1995 Management buy-out of Kenz Kraantechniek to become
- 1999 Delivery of the largest floating 50t harbor grab
crane ‘Nijlpaard’ by Figee
- 2005 Kenz acquires Figee, to become KenzFigee
- 2016 MeeMaken B.V. takes majority stake in Kenz Figee
Today, the company is considered to be the world’s oldest crane manufacturer. KenzFigee supplies and services the global marine and wind energy industries with innovative lifting and hoisting solutions to clients worldwide, making day-to-day operations more efficient. KenzFigee operates from the head office in Zaandam, the Netherlands and a local sales and service office in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Watch the below video to see the rich history of KenzFigee.